Amber Wasi has both penned and produced Main Monica with his long time friends and partners Paromita Ganguly and Ranjeet Chitrakaar.
Streaming on Amazon Prime Video, the web series starring Disha Thakur, Abhishek Chauhan, Rahul Tewari, Dibyendu Bhattacharya, among others, has been doing well. The series is being presented by Arre.. Happy with the response, Amber shares plans of making more such interesting content. He also talks about his journey so far.
“I come from Lucknow, U.P. It’s been around 18 years since I have been a part of the media industry. I’ve had a journey of survival in Mumbai. From literally sleeping on the road without money, no food and absolutely no support of any type to being an Airtel call centre executive to now being a full-fledged producer and creating jobs for others,” he shares about the difficult phase of his life that can make for a good film.
Amber started his career by working for free in shows like Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi and surviving on food and shelter available on the set to join a TV channel. Then he started copywriting as well as directing promos for TV shows, brands like McDonalds, Quaker oats, Tropicana, Music videos and also been doing corporate films since 2006.
“I did TV promos of a wide range of shows like, Kaun Banega Crorepati, IIFA, Balika Vadhu, Sasural Simar Ka, India’s Got Talent, Bigg Boss, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Master Chef, Khatron Ke Khiladi. Everything I worked for only helped me learn and made me stronger,” he adds.
2023 has started and team CPP is ready with many good stories to tell. “We are in talks with big platforms for making it happen. Insha Allah, this year will be a very good year for us and going ahead we are concentrating only on relatable content. For us, the Future is here… it will only grow from here. We want India to start watching better content and get away from the cheap ones made by big banners and big names to draw people’s attention and make money,” he declares.
Talking about the USP of their new release Main Monica, Amber says, “That would be Mangu Anna, who is the most righteous person throughout the series. He is the only one who is ditched by everyone. His performance throughout the series is impeccable.”
The feedback around the show has been overwhelming and encouraging, according to him. “90% of the feedback I’m getting is a very good, amazing show with a very nice story and writing. The Remaining 10% is critical analysis from the industry people and that’s also not negative. All I want to say is please watch the show and get entertained. Monica is a very genuine and real story, anybody can relate to it. Also, there is no limit to hard work, if you can dream it you can have it. That’s what the story wants to convey,” he adds.