Samosas with Condoms, gutkha, and stone Stuffing Supplied to the Pune auto firm.

Disturbing items like stones, gutkha, and even a condom were found in the samosas. Five people have been arrested.

Attention India
3 Min Read

A shocking incident in Pune

In a shocking incident at a prominent automobile firm in Pune, things like condoms, stones, and tobacco were allegedly found in the samosas served at the company’s canteen. The disturbing event took place at the company located in Pune’s Pimpri-Chinchwad and came to light on March 27. Investigations were carried out after the employees reported traces of stones, gutkha, and even a condom in their food. The police are probing the matter and have also booked five people, including two workers of the subcontracting firm that supplied samosas and three partners of another firm that was earlier removed for adulteration.

Official report in ANI

A businessman, according to a report in ANI, carried out the act in retaliation for the termination of his agreement with the automobile company. According to the police, the three partners planned the entire act and planted two workers to defame the firm that held the samosa contract.

Police interrogated the whole incident.

The police further mentioned that Catalyst Service Solutions Pvt. Ltd. was responsible for supplying snacks to the company’s canteen. However, a new subcontracting firm named Manohar Enterprise took over the contract, replacing the former. During the police interrogation, the two workers, identified as Firoz Shaikh and Vicky Shaikh, admitted to having stuffed condoms, gutkha, and stones in the samosas, according to the police. They also admitted to being employees of SRA Enterprises, whose partners had sent them to Manohar Enterprises to adulterate food. Currently, we have registered a case under IPC Sections 328 (causing hurt by means of poison) and 120B (criminal conspiracy).

Other examples of food adulteration

Notably, canteens in companies or educational institutions have served unhygienic food on multiple occasions. Earlier, in another alarming incident this year, around 20 teachers at a college in Uttar Pradesh were hospitalized after consuming worm-infested samosas from a local sweet shop. Investigations revealed that the samosas were stale and contained poisonous worms.

Worming in Dosa

Earlier in July 2023, a customer lodged a complaint with the food safety department after finding a worm in a dosa served at the UT Red Cross Canteen in Chandigarh’s Government Multi-Specialist Hospital. The customer, named Pooja, filed a written complaint with the food safety officer and shared details of the incident. Later, the canteen contractor alleged that the previous contractor’s staff deliberately engaged in such actions to create trouble.

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply