RR Manager Romi Bhinder Faces Scrutiny for Phone Use in IPL Dugout

The Rajasthan Royals team manager might face harsh penalties after Vaibhav Sooryavanshi called him his "local guardian" during the post-match presentation.

Attention India
Attention India Verified Public Figure • 02 May, 2026 Chief Editor
calendar_today Apr 12, 2026 schedule 11:39 PM chat_bubble 0
S
Sports
NEWS CARD
Logo
RR Manager Romi Bhinder Faces Scrutiny for Phone Use in IPL Dugout
“RR Manager Romi Bhinder Faces Scrutiny for Phone Use in IPL Dugout”
Favicon
Read more on attentionindia.com
12 Apr 2026
https://attentionindia.com/sports/rr-manager-romi-bhinder-faces-scrutiny-for-phone-use-in-ipl-dugout
Google News
Copied
RR Manager Romi Bhinder Faces Scrutiny for Phone Use in IPL Dugout

New Delhi (India) April 12:Rajasthan Royals team manager Romi Bhinder's long-standing tenure with the franchise has come under the scanner following his alleged use of a mobile phone in the dug-out during their IPL 2026 clash against Royal Challengers Bengaluru at Guwahati on Friday. Rajasthan Royals team manager's role might be in line for a close review, particularly after his statement about considering Rajasthan Royals opener Vaibhav Sooryavanshi his 'local guardian' during the post-match presentation.

Viral Video Exposes IPL Dugout Rules Breach

As per regulations a team manager can carry a cell phone with himself but is prohibited from carrying it into the dugout. The only one allowed to use any electronic gadget in the dugout is the team analyst and that too at the designated 'analyst' table.
The issue gained traction only after the video clip went viral on social media, though it was largely missed during the live broadcast of the match in the stadium. Vaibhav Sooryavanshi can be seen sitting next to Bhinder and looking at the phone which was briefly held by him. 

Get Featured Today!

Get featured your news, press release, success story and more on Attention India. You can feature on Magazine, Article, Social Media Post, Biography and more.

Get it Now

Senior Official: Warning or Ban for Bhinder

A senior official said that he can expect some action ranging from a warning to possibly an in-match ban.
“It could be inadvertent, but there has to be some action since it amounts to a breach. Whether it will be a warning or a match ban will depend on the match referee’s and ACU’s reports. Based on that, the IPL Governing Council will take a call,” the official said.

Lalit Modi Slams 'Complete No-No' Incident

Former IPL Chairman Lalit Modi too had pointed out the incident on social media and asked where all the anti-corruption officers were while describing it as a "complete no-no" and called for stringent action.
“Having a mobile phone in the dugout is a complete no-no. Did this really happen? I hope not. If it did, then the IPL governing council needs to take immediate action,” he said.

ACU Probe May Lead to Fine or Dugout Ban

An IPL team dug-out is considered a sensitive zone and such things can not be overlooked to curb outside influence into the match. Modi had earlier pointed out the matter on social media questioning the location of the Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU) officers.
It is expected that the Board of Control for Cricket in India's Anti-Corruption Unit will investigate the matter and later submit a report to the head of the ACU and a decision on the punishment for Bhinder will be announced. He could be punished with either a fine or a ban from PMOA which would prevent him from entering the dug out and the dressing room for subsequent matches.

favorite Follow us for the latest updates:
Author
Attention India

Attention India Verified Public Figure • 02 May, 2026 Chief Editor

history Digital Archives

View Full Library chevron_right

Follow Us

keyboard_arrow_up
podcasts Podcast amp_stories Web Stories local_fire_department Trending person_book Biography mark_email_unread Newsletter