Rahul Gandhi Cites Naravane's Post in Book Release Clash

As Parliament descended into a stalemate over former Army chief General M.M. Naravane’s unpublished memoirs, Rahul Gandhi ramped up his attack on the government and the publishing company of the book.

Attention India
Attention India Verified Public Figure • 02 May, 2026 Chief Editor
calendar_today Feb 10, 2026 schedule 8:22 PM chat_bubble 0
N
News
NEWS CARD
Logo
Rahul Gandhi Cites Naravane's Post in Book Release Clash
“Rahul Gandhi Cites Naravane's Post in Book Release Clash”
Favicon
Read more on attentionindia.com
10 Feb 2026
https://attentionindia.com/news/rahul-gandhi-cites-naravanes-post-in-book-release-clash
Google News
Copied
Rahul Gandhi Cites Naravane's Post in Book Release Clash

New Delhi (India) February 10:Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday quoted a December 2023 social media post from former army chief M.M. Naravane saying his book is "available now" to address publisher Penguin Random House India’s statement that the 'memoir' has not been published.
The book, Four Stars of Destiny praised by former Generals, academicians and politicians who previewed it, is now at the centre of a controversy over how it appeared to have been released without being officially published. 

Gandhi's Challenge

The Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Rahul Gandhi, presented a copy to Parliament to give it to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Speaking to reporters in the Parliament House complex, Mr. Gandhi read out Mr. Naravane’s social media post on X, which said: "Hello friends. My book is available now. Just follow the link. Happy reading. Jai Hind.”
"This is the tweet Mr. Naravane has made. The point I am making is that either Mr. Naravane is lying, and I believe the (former) Army chief, I don't think he will lie, or Penguin is lying. Both cannot be telling the truth," Gandhi said.

Get Featured Today!

Get featured your news, press release, success story and more on Attention India. You can feature on Magazine, Article, Social Media Post, Biography and more.

Get it Now

Publisher's Denial

And amid this, the publishing house, Penguin Random House India, has said in a statement that Four Stars of Destiny never went to the press.
Penguin Random House India said on X, "We wish to make it clear that the book has not gone into publication. No copies — in print or digital form — have been published, distributed, sold, or otherwise made available to the public by Penguin Random House India.”
The publisher also warned that any version of the book currently circulating, whether in full or in part and in any format, including print, PDF or online copies, would amount to copyright infringement.

Publication Delay

The memoir was originally scheduled for publication in April 2024 following pre-order announcements made in 2023. The official release, however, has been delayed.
Amazon listings still show the title as currently unavailable and pre-orders cancelled. Naravane had said at a literature festival earlier this year that the manuscript was with the publisher and pending review, adding that clearance processes involving the Ministry of Defence were still pending.
Books by former senior military officials are usually scrutinized for sensitive operational details. 

favorite Follow us for the latest updates:
Author
Attention India

Attention India Verified Public Figure • 02 May, 2026 Chief Editor

history Digital Archives

View Full Library chevron_right

Follow Us

keyboard_arrow_up
podcasts Podcast amp_stories Web Stories local_fire_department Trending person_book Biography mark_email_unread Newsletter