Vance: No Deal After 21-Hour Talks; Bad News for Iran, US Stays Open to Proposal
Vice President JD Vance has stated that Iran is not choosing to meet with US truce conditions and Iran, for its part, does not anticipate a deal during this initial negotiation session.
Attention IndiaVerified Public Figure • 02 May, 2026Chief Editor
New Delhi (India) April 12:After highly-stakes talks in the Pakistani capital failed to result in a truce, U.S. Vice President JD Vance said that Tehran has refused to enter a deal with the United States, following 21 hours of talks in the Pakistani capital of Islamabad. “The bad news is that we have not reached an agreement, and I think that’s bad news for Iran much more than it’s bad news for the United States of America,” Vance said.
Vance stated that the U.S. Officials were accommodating, and acted on orders from President Donald Trump . Vance said that they came in good faith with the intent to make the best effort to secure a deal and that the team was "quite accommodating" to Iranian counterparts. “We did that, and unfortunately, we weren’t able to make any headway,” Vance said. After concluding the brief press conference Vance promptly left Islamabad, although hinted that the United States was still open to a deal based on its previous proposition.
Get Featured Today!
Get featured your news, press release, success story and more on Attention India. You can feature on Magazine, Article, Social Media Post, Biography and more.
Iran’s team-which reached Pakistan late Friday evening-consists of more than a dozen high-ranking officials, the parliamentary speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, the foreign minister Abbas Araghchi ( who is in charge of nuclear negotiations), several senior security officials and the governor of Iran’s central bank. Besides Vance, the American delegation consists of US envoy Steve Witkoff and Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner. Earlier this year, Witkoff and Kushner held nuclear talks with Iran.
The negotiations were seen as a positive sign as they were the highest level of direct, face-to-face talks between the two nations, according to diplomats and regional officials. U.S. and Iranian officials intended to build on the unstable ceasefire agreed to construct a more lasting solution to the war, although they faced several obstacles, including differing views on the Strait of Hormuz, and unfreezing the Iranian assets. During the 21 hour talks, Vance stated he, Witkoff, and Kushner spoke to President Trump at least half a dozen times. Rubio, Hegseth, and Bessent, among others, also spoke with the President during the negotiations.
favorite
Follow us for the latest updates:
Author
Attention IndiaVerified Public Figure • 02 May, 2026Chief Editor
Attention India is an independent digital publication covering news, current affairs, entertainment, lifestyle, and stories of public interest. The editorial team focuses on delivering accurate, informative, and engaging content while maintaining high standards of journalism and editorial integrity.