Pakistan's Khawaja Asif Warns of Targeting Kolkata if India Stages False Flag Ops

Pakistan gave a very strong reaction to Defence Minister Rajnath Singh's warning, with Khwaja Asif threatening to retaliate and targeting Kolkata.

Attention India
Attention India Verified Public Figure • 02 May, 2026 Chief Editor
calendar_today Apr 5, 2026 schedule 12:53 AM chat_bubble 0
N
News
NEWS CARD
Logo
Pakistan's Khawaja Asif Warns of Targeting Kolkata if India Stages False Flag Ops
“Pakistan's Khawaja Asif Warns of Targeting Kolkata if India Stages False Flag Ops”
Favicon
Read more on attentionindia.com
5 Apr 2026
https://attentionindia.com/news/pakistans-khawaja-asif-warns-of-targeting-kolkata-if-india-stages-false-flag-ops
Google News
Copied
Pakistan's Khawaja Asif Warns of Targeting Kolkata if India Stages False Flag Ops

New Delhi (India) April 5:Pakistan's Defence Minister Khawaja Asif on Saturday seemed shaken after Defence Minister Rajnath Singh's direct warning against any "misadventures" by the neighboring countries. In response, the Pakistani minister leveled a provocative threat by saying that if India experiences any "false flag operations, " then Islamabad may target Kolkata.

"Take It to Kolkata" Threat

Addressing the media in Sialkot, Asif put forward a theory that Pakistan could be made scapegoat for a situation and resultantly be blamed to have done the attack. In this context, Asif went on to claim that Pakistan would "take it to Kolkata". He said it after accusing India of staging a "false flag operation" through its own men or caught Pakistanis.

Get Featured Today!

Get featured your news, press release, success story and more on Attention India. You can feature on Magazine, Article, Social Media Post, Biography and more.

Get it Now

He said, “If India plans some false-flag operation through their own men or through the Pakistani people in their detention by planting bodies somewhere and claiming they were terrorists who had done so and so, Pakistan will take it to Kolkata.”

Rajnath Vows Unprecedented Action

Such statements were made just when Rajnath Singh reiterated that India will not allow any provocation and warned that the smallest hint of misadventure from its neighbour would be met with "unprecedented and decisive" action.
“Our neighbour, in the current situation, can commit any misadventure. If it does so, India's action will be unprecedented and decisive,” Singh said.
Incidentally, Singh did not refer to Pakistan by name and the reaction from Islamabad highlighted the discomfort that his statement had triggered.

Operation Sindoor Still Active

Speaking at a Sainik Samman Sammelan in Kerala, Rajnath Singh said that India's neighbour may try a misadventure in the present scenario but any such act would be met with a strong and determined response.
He also highlighted that Operation Sindoor started in May last year after the Pakistan backed terrorists carried out a deadly terrorist attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pahalgam has not been stopped. India targeted terror infrastructures in Pakistan and PoK. Operation Sindoor strikes were followed by a four-day military conflict when Pakistan launched drone and missile attacks on India.
“The way terrorists targeted people on the basis of religion in Pahalgam… the attack was not just on India but on the country's social unity and social fabric,” Rajnath Singh said.

favorite Follow us for the latest updates:
Author
Attention India

Attention India Verified Public Figure • 02 May, 2026 Chief Editor

history Digital Archives

View Full Library chevron_right

Follow Us

keyboard_arrow_up
podcasts Podcast amp_stories Web Stories local_fire_department Trending person_book Biography mark_email_unread Newsletter